National Arts Festival 2019: Call for Proposals
The 2019 National Arts Festival will take place from 27 June to 7 July.
Local and international artists and presenters interested in having their work considered for the Main Programme of the 2019 National Arts Festival are invited to register expressions interest online by filling in the form below.
- PREMIERE OF NEW WORK: Premieres of new productions, exhibitions and concerts by well-known or established South African or international artists.
- CUTTING-EDGE WORK: Provocative productions, exhibitions, new music and digital arts interventions that can generate an active dialogue both in terms of form and content.
- COLLABORATIONS/CO-PRODUCTIONS: Proposals for collaborations with South African and non-South African artists and managements and / or festivals to co-produce work that may require more than one partner for the effective funding of productions with the proviso that such productions have strong artistic merit.
- MULTI-DISCIPLINARY PRESENTATIONS: The Festival recognises that an increasing number of South African artists are creating work that interfaces across genres and also with different forms of media and welcomes such proposals that reflect changing trends in arts practice.
- DIVERSITY: The Festival presents work that reflects the broad demographic of South African arts practice.
Note the following:
- The deadline for submissions is 15 August 2018.
- Expressions of interest will be reviewed by the Artistic Committee in association with the Executive Producer.
- Proposals for works that have been presented at the National Arts Festival (including the Fringe) in the past five years will not be considered.
- For enquiries contact the Festival Office on +27 (46) 603-110 or email email@example.com.
The 2019 Arena programme
Winners of the Standard Bank Ovation Awards 2018 will receive written invitations to submit proposals for the 2019 Arena programme.
The Fringe in 2019
Fringe applications will be available in October and registration will close in January 2019. Forms and information booklets will be available online on this website. Fringe enquiries should be directed to Fringe Manager Zikhona Nweba by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +27 (46) 603 1177.