[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][FESTIVAL NOTICE] We’ve been asked why, just as it seems a show is about to be sold out, more seats suddenly become available … and quite often pretty good seats too.
Here’s why: Our online booking system lets customers opt to pay by EFT. If they choose that option, the seats are put ‘on hold’ for 48 hours. Once the Festival Ticket Office receives proof of payment, the seats are confirmed and reserved. BUT if proof is not received within that time limit, the tickets are released for sale again.
Up to now, we’ve been pretty relaxed about the 48-hour payment deadline, giving people a bit more time if they need it. But as shows – especially big name shows like Dylan Moran – approach being sold out, tickets booked but not paid for within the time limit will be put back on sale.
So the lesson here is: If you book online and say you’re going to pay by EFT, then do so – or else you might lose your tickets! They aren’t confirmed until you’ve received an email from us saying they’re confirmed.
How to book
- Online: Find a show and book via the website
- By phone: Call the Ticketing Call Centre on 0860 002 004
- By fax: We accept faxed bookings on 086 233 2122
- By email: Send details to email@example.com
- In person: The Grahamstown Box Office is at the Monument
- On mobile: Book using our iPhone or Android app.
We accept credit card transactions (Visa and Mastercard) for bookings made via the website.
If you wish to pay by EFT, please send us proof of payment:
- Fax: 086 233 2122
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that if you pay by EFT, the Festival Ticketing Office cannot confirm your booking unless the money has been paid within the time limit.
Note that bookings cannot be done through Computicket, Webtickets or any other vendor.
How do I get my tickets?
Once you’ve booked (and paid for) your tickets, you will receive email confirmation with a transaction reference number and a customer reference number.
- If you live in Grahamstown, collect your tickets from the Grahamstown Box Office at the Monument by producing the credit card you used to buy the tickets and your ID. (If your tickets have been booked using someone else’s credit card, make a note of your transaction and customer reference numbers – the tellers will use these to locate your tickets.)
- If you don’t live in Grahamstown, you will be able to collect your tickets from (any of) the box offices in town when you arrive. As long as they are booked and paid for, and you have an email confirmation to that effect, your tickets will be safely reserved for you.
Why is the ticket price zero on some shows?
On some productions, the first performance indicates ‘R0’ as the price because it is part of the Free Fringe. If you click on other dates for the same production, you’ll see the prices for those dates.
Still got questions? Contact the Ticketing Call Centre on 0860 002 004 or email us at email@example.com